!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Baby Vernice's Blog

Baby Vernice's Blog

Monday, May 08, 2006

My Name

As up till today, according to Mummy I am still not a Singapore citizen. This may have something to do with the fact that Mummy and Daddy have not registered my birth, and I have not gotten my Birth cert. So technically I am not born yet. The reason why they took so long to do this wa because they were busy trying to think of another chinese name for me. If you have been reading my blog, you would have come across this entry when I mentioned that Daddy had already chosen my chinese name like eons ago. However when he visited the fortune teller, it seems that my Eight Characters or "八字" and the name doesn't match. Thus after much consideration and pondering, they have finall decided to call me 黄靖涵. For the sinophobe and those more well versed in hanyu pin yin, it is "huang(2) jing(4) han(2)" And all of us thought that the name fiasco will end, however this started yet another one, what should my dialect name be? As pronounced in teochew, my name should be "Ng Ken Han, Vernice" but Mummy says it sound too boyish, so we decided to keep to the hanyu pin yin and dialectic structure and call me "Ng Jing Han, Vernice" Well then again they were debating over whether to put the name "Vernice" in front or at the back... Omigosh... Adults are so problematic... :)

But then again it is nice that they are making such a fuss over me.

The Ego One 8:50:00 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment